Let me start by saying this. I LOVE this cookie. As far as cookies go I would consider myself a bit of a cookie connoisseur. The lines are slightly blurred between ‘cookie monster’ and cookie connoisseur but that’s neither here nor there…
These Chocolate Avocado cookies have me quite excited this week. Read on for the deep details on why….
Have you ever just had that craving? I mean a seriously ravenous, ‘I will push aside anyone who gets in my way’, I need something sweet and I need it NOW’ type of craving?
Of course you do, we all do, even me.
Have you ever thought about what’s really behind those cravings? Over the past several months I have done a TON of research on weight loss studies, understanding cravings and weight loss.
What I’ve discovered is that managing cravings is not achieved by sheer will power alone. It’s actually more about biology and science than willpower and discipline.
Think about your last diet or current one if you’re on one now. Where has restricting calories and deprivation gotten you? It’s probably gotten you frustrated, de-motivated and feeling down because you can’t seem to control your cravings. The answer lies in what you eat to manage these cravings.
I have combed through various studies and research to uncover which diets truly work and what you need to eat to see sustainable weight loss and most importantly manage cravings.
The one resounding solution may surprise you.
Fat, which has been shunned for decades is now proving to be the secret ingredient for weight loss. Well looky here…fat is the new black!
These cookies are made with creamy avocado which is a healthier fat which converts into energy into your body and also boosts your fat burning metabolism. It also has raw cacao powder which is one of the world’s highest sources of antioxidants. I was able to whip these guys up in about 10 minutes, maybe even less.
These cookies are so decadent that you really only need one, so leave the guilt aside!
Double Chocolate Avocado Cookies
- 3/4 cup about 1 large avocado (very ripe, but not brown)
- ½ cup coconut sugar palm sugar
- 1 egg
- ½ cup raw or dark cocoa powder
- 50 gram dark chocolate bar cut into ½ inch chunks (good quality minimum 70%)
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- Preheat oven to 350F. In a bowl of standing mixer with paddle attachment, mix together avocado and coconut sugar until smooth Add in the egg mixing until combined. Then add in the cocoa powder and baking soda
- Stir in chocolate chunks
- Using small ice cream scoop measure heaping tablespoon sized balls or dough and place on parchment lined baking sheet. Flatten them a bit with the back of the spoon
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or until the cookies no longer stick to baking sheet
- Cool on baking sheet before transferring to wire rack to cool completely. Store in an airtight container in the fridge.